Updated 23 March 2019
Planning is going well for this years event. So far:
1 Event registered with Help for Heroes
2 Event registered with Thames Path Conservators
3 All five pubs contacted and are onside
4 Medals ready for 100 walkers
5 Walk numbers produced
6 Coach company ready to provide coaches for the event
7 Booklet prepared, ready to print
8 Company ready to produce tee shirts (need to provide design)
9 Help for Heroes bear suit booked
10 Raffle ticket designed
11 Riverside Park will provide free parking
Still to do;
1. Recruit more volunteers for planning and working on the day
2. Acquire items for raffle prizes - we would like certificates / letters for meals, accomodation, entrance to theme parks etc. Not solid items such as bottles of wine.
3. Sell raffle tickets when we have some prizes
4. Publicity for the event and to attract walkers to register
5. Contact companies / people to sponsor the event
We will announce our upcoming meetings on here. They are great fun, especially when we hold them at the pubs along the river on sunny evenings.
Everyone is welcome to attend and help us plan the event!